Born in 1999. Currently a MA painting student at Wrocław Fine Arts Academy (Poland), in Professor Normana Smużniak’s Workshop Class. Her mediums are: oil, knitting, and video art.
Kinga Flasha is mainly interested in the relation between visual image and identity in our society in which tendency to assign everything and everyone to “categories” as well as judging seem to be not only a norm but source of (deceiving) information. The artist notices this particular social stress on the public image, or a public face an each individual carries or “puts on”, and how actually deformed the perception of oneself and their body is.
“We’ll never be able to see ourselves the way others can see us. And no one will ever see us they way we think we “are” or look. Therefore, I took a different approach to portrait; I “erased” the face and focused on the synthesis of a “nonexistent” or “missing” person(ality).” ~Kinga Flasza
- Introspekcje, Galeria Sztuki Współczesnej MD_S, Wrocław, Poland
- Jesteś Światem, Galeria Sztuki Współczesnej MD_S, Wrocław, Poland
- CIEMNO WSZĘDZIE czyli od Czerni do Czerni, Galeria Sztuki Współczesnej we Włocławku, Poland
- This is Us, ACKiM UMCS Chatka Żaka, Lublin, Poland
- Róbmy Hałas, Akademia Sztuk Pięknych we Wrocławiu, Wrocław, Poland
- Scena Zimowa, Krupa Art Gallery, Wrocław, Poland
- TAKE UP SPACE, Centrum Kultury Zamek, Wrocław, Poland